Holy Rosary Parish was formed out of portions of the Cathedral Parish in Hamilton, St. John’s Parish, Burlington and St. Thomas Parish Waterdown.
Father Bernard Harrigan was appointed the first Pastor and the first Mass was celebrated on July 6, 1947 in the Chapel of Holy Sepulchre Cemetery. Holy Rosary School was built in 1951. Under the leadership of Father Blake Ryan, (1954-1964), a new Church and rectory were built. The 400 seat Church was dedicated on May 1, 1955.
In 1987, during the pastorate of Father Anthony Ciavarro, the church was redesigned with a 180 degree rotation. Beautiful stained glass windows, statuary and sculptures adorn the renewed space. Other pastors who served at the parish were: Msgr. Bernard Harrigan, Father Blake Ryan, Father Harold Smith, Father Carlo Bianchi, Father Anthony Ciavarro, Father Ron Cote, Father Frank Trzupek, Msgr. Murray Kroetsch, Msgr. Edward House and the present Pastor, Msgr. Martin Vallely.
Today there are over 600 registered families in the Parish.